I’ve been tagged by Beautifully Complex! Here are the rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
So, if I’ve got this right, I need to post 11 random things, answer the questions, and then come up with 11 more questions. Luckily, I’ve got a few minutes while the little person is sleeping. Here we go!
- The junior high and high school I attended are within walking distance of my apartment.
- I sometimes wonder what life would be like if I were born into a different religion, culture, or race….like, could I be a Hasidic Jew, or would I be too feisty?
- At one point in life, I wanted to work at Essence magazine.
- I’ve known my three best friends for at least 23 years. Two I’ve known since birth (and have pictures to prove it).
- I can find a song for every situation, which my husband finds hilarious and somewhat evil. Case in point: while watching last night’s molestation episode of “Law and Order,” I sang “He Touched Me.”
- I’m wildly sarcastic, which doesn’t always translate well.
- I know someone in the NBA, and I think it’s cool.
- Laundromats freak me out. I get skeeved thinking about the underwear of other people being in the machine…but I still send my clothes there.
- I don’t really like shoes. Wearing them or buying them.
- I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 24.
- I can never leave Target with just one thing.
Beautifully Complex‘s questions for me:
1. If you cook, what is the best meal that you know how to prepare that you
always get the most compliments on ?
Now that I’m a wife, I’m trying my hand at new recipes. Hubby likes my curry chicken and channa as well as my parmesan tilapia.
2. If money was not an issue, where would you want to live & make your home
and why ?
I’d live in the Caribbean, either in Trinidad or Barbados. The pace of life is so much more relaxed, the beaches are beautiful, and the food is delicious! I’d be able to see my cousins, and my son would get a great education.
3. If you have children or plan to, what is the one lesson that you hope you
have taught them as they reach adulthood ?
I want my son to learn to always give his best. Whether he’s a brilliant scientist or a garbage collector or a mortician or WHATEVER, I want him to do it to the best of his ability.
4. If you are married, is there anything that you would want to have done any
different for your wedding ? If you want to be married what is the most
important aspect of a wedding to you ?
I would have actually HAD a wedding. We went to the JOP.
5. How would those who know you the best describe you in three words ?
Funny, sassy, passionate.
6. What is a favorite memory from your childhood ?
One of my favorite memories is going to Canada. The hockey team had just won a championship, and people were celebrating in the street, throwing toilet paper and other stuff. When we got up in the morning, the streets were clean–like it never happened.
7. Who in your life makes you laugh the most ?
Right now it’s a toss up between the baby and my husband.
8. Is there anything that you ate as a child that you don’t eat now or anything
that you wouldn’t eat as a child that you do eat now ?
Vegetables. My grandmother would force me to eat them, so for years I avoided them.
9. If you won a huge lottery what is the first thing you would do ?
I’d buy a house or go on a great vacation.
10. What could you eat all the time & never get sick of ?
I think I could eat pie all the time. Coconut cream, key lime, apple…I really like pie.
11. Do you prefer blogs, fac.ebook or twitt.er ? Why ?
I think blogs are a way for you to really get to know someone, but I post on facbook more often. I have a twitter account, but I have no clue as to how to use it.
– because her stories are hilarious
– because she’s a new mom too, and I want to see how long it will take her to answer 🙂
– because she’s just so freaking cool (and has only just seen “Life”)
Here are my questions for you:
- iPhone, crackberry, or droid?
- In your Lifetime original movie, who would play you?
- This is a question I ask my husband all the time when we’re deciding what’s for dinner–if you were on death row (jail, not the record company), what would your last meal be?
- Under what circumstances, if any, would you be a guest on the Maury show?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- How did you decide to live where you live right now?
- If you were a celebrity, what would you be famous for?
- Will you miss the Twinkie?
- What’s on your nightstand?
- How old were you when you got your driver’s license, and how many tries did it take you to pass the road test? (I just want to know if I’m the only weirdo)
- Are your ears pierced? If they are, did you get them done when you were little, or when you were older?
I hope you guys have fun with these questions. I tried to be as random with them as I am in real life. : ) Thanks BC for tagging me!