I can’t believe I haven’t written here since August. It’s not even like I have an excuse, since I have internet at home again. I guess I’ve been so caught up in my schoolwork that I haven’t had much time for blogging. That’s right, school work. Since I last posted, I have:
- Begun an accelerated masters program in Public Affairs and Administration. By this time next year, I’ll have my degree. I just finished 2 papers (5 pages & 10 pages), only to find out that another 2 papers are due in 2 weeks in the same 2 classes. Oh, and there’s a midterm on the 5th for a class I haven’t even opened the book for.
- Turned 26. I was actually thrown a surprise party. My friends from the old job, plus friends from college, (plus my boyfriend and his friends) took me to dinner, got me a tiara, my favorite dessert (key lime pie), and then took me to club Element to pop bottles.
- Lost my health insurance at a really crucial time. I’ve been having some serious issues that have not been resolved because I need some tests done. Thankfully, a friend was able to work something out for me and I see an endocrinologist on Monday. Please pray for me because I don’t know what this is, or how serious it could end up being.
- Dyed my locs “Cherrywood’ from Clairol’s Textures and Tones line. Can you believe I’ve had locs for almost a year?
- Went to Homecoming. My alma matter is becomming pretty wack. They’re letting in any old type of hood element. Granted, they need an education too…but the standards upheld by LsU students is getting low. Why are you at the Homecoming jam trying to fight somebody? Hopping over counters? And these were GIRLS. It also looks like Phi Beta Sigma has taken over the campus. For a chapter that had about 5 people in it when I graduated, they are branching out. They even got a white boy.
- Been doing quite well with the S/O. We went to a baby shower together and people kept saying, “You’re next!’ Yeah….I’m going to have to pass on that one right now. I have no desire to be a baby mama at this point. We also took professional pictures as one of my birthday gifts (Boondocks Seasons 1 & 2, Jazmin Sullivan’s CD, and Jazmin Sullivan & Maxwell tickets were the others). Now he’s saying that he won’t be taking any more pictures “until the wedding.” Okay…am I reading into things, or is it what I think it is?
Anyway, I’m at work and need to get back to it…although typing anything makes you look busy.